The Sheepdog Coalition

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Advertise with us! For opportunities email our Admin.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Update: Kershaw Shallot

I received this knife as yet another gift from my dad's adventures abroad. It has served me well in almost any EDC role that I've put this blade to use in. It's still sharp and the semi-assisted mechanism is very springy, but here's the catch - my couch nearly ruined the pocket clip.


I shouldn't say that I'm surprised - I'm more interested to see if I can bend it back. While I was getting up yesterday, and I'm not sure how but the clip managed to catch some wrinkle in the fabric and it just clipped right out of my pocket. When I picked it up - this is how it looked. I'm not sure how it happened, and I'm not sure what the easiest way to fix it is - beyond buying a new clip.


I'm surprised by this - but I was standing up at 'full speed'. Not that I'm saying there's a bit of weight to throw around at that point but... there's a bit of weight to throw around at that point. I've praised Kershaw for their clip design before - I attribute this to a fluke accident. However unlucky, it's still worth documentation.

2 comments:

  1. ive done that a few times to my blur, just unscrew it and bend it back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seconded. I've had this a few times with different knives and every time I've just unscrewed the clip and bent it back.

    ReplyDelete