The Sheepdog Coalition

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket
Advertise with us! For opportunities email our Admin.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Review: CRKT Zilla-Tool



Today I've got kind of a unique product to take a look at. My brother bought this multi-tool to add to his tackle box as a sort of fix-all when he runs into a problem on the riverside. I didn't know CRKT offered any products like this but it's a wonder they don't have more - I like this little tool and I think you will too.


It's got a flip out blade with a paddle (flipper) on the back end. Half way down are some serrations and it's still sharp to the touch after many trips into the bush. With a black zytel handle, you needn't worry about any weathering to this tool. Specs from CRKT can be found here.

What I think separates this tool from the other models out there is the sheer simplicity. Sure - it's not a mobile toolbox, but if you're buying a tool to fit one specific purpose, this is a real contender. A knife, a flat head, a phillips and a good set of pliers - what more do you need in a tackle box?

A feature that grabs me about the pliers is the way they open. They're not spring loaded, but when you slide the handle lock down to open the pliers, they gradually open with a slight amount of pressure - a good thing to have for pressure sensitive holding jobs.


It's got a pocket clip that is screwed right into the body - a feature that I usually praise Kershaw knives for practically perfecting. It's still strong and springy but truth be told - it hasn't seen much pocket carry, and is pretty big to be clipping on. It takes up a lot of real estate in almost any pocket.

The tool as a whole fits in my hand nicely and feels slick - it's a very streamlined design. My brother is very happy with his purchase and shows off this nifty gadget whenever he can - usually by unhooking my lost bet.

Feel free to share your thoughts HERE - in our forum.


No comments:

Post a Comment